Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

California, Books, and Miscellaneous Happenings

I'm going to California in four days! And I'm so excited!!!

I get to go on an airplane, which is pretty much one of my favorite things ever. I love airports. My parents, not so much. But I guess it's more stressful for adults to have to go through customs and the like.

I got three books to read on the flight there. On the way back, maybe I'll convince my parents to get me even MORE books.

I got:

  • And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie (one of the BEST titles EVER-- even though it wasn't originally titled as such)
  • Murder on the Orient Express also by Agatha Christie (one of her best!)
  • Black by Ted Dekker (a Christian author, and the book looks amazing!)
I was going to get a Sherlock Holmes book, but I was already getting two mysteries (well, I don't know if And Then There Were None really counts as a mystery, more of a thriller, but still), so I got a fantasy/ suspense book instead. 

The only problem is that I have to WAIT until TUESDAY so I can read the books and it is slowly killing me! Not really, but ugh! They are right now sitting in my room right where I can see them every single time I walk into the room. 

In other news, I got a Pottermore account (that's for all you Harry Potter fans). It's so great already-- I got sorted into Ravenclaw which, I think, fits my personality well. I would've loved to be in Gryffindor but it is so not gonna happen. I'm waaaayyy too cowardly. (Sigh.)

My dog is sick and keeps throwing up. No fun for anyone. She ate some of that plastic that goes around a chicken and now is torturing everyone with retching noises and the disgusting smell of... you know. 

It's a rainy day. Otherwise we would put her outside in the backyard. I fell kinda sorry for her. 

I got new books! Not to mention that I'm almost 4 full-length chapters into my book; the one I'm writing. I could actually publish it once I'm done, I mean, it's like 10,000 words already. 

Long post, sorry :) There's a lot to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting-- it means a lot! *All comments are moderated