Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

More Writing

today i want to realize
that i'll never be perfect

that no one is, really
that i should stop comparing myself
to people who aren't perfect either

today i want to realize
that i'm loved the way i am

with all my awkwardness
and jokes that aren't really funny
and all my mistakes
and with all the times i say the wrong thing

because i'm me
and i may not be gorgeous
or witty or graceful
and that outfit may not look great on me
but i'm still me
instead of a barbie doll
made up to look like everyone else

and yes, i spend too much time reading
sports might not be my thing

and yes, i do cry over fictional characters
i know that might seem ridiculous

but even though i'm more comfortable in a sweatshirt than skinny jeans
and i haven't worn makeup since... well, forever
i'm so very much me
and i'm loved by the one who made me
and in the end, that's all that matters

really

3 comments:

  1. Hey, girl.

    Featured your blog on BBK Take a look, if you will. :)

    -Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...I think I like YOU much more than any Barbie! Love this insight into you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beutifĂș thoughts! I like that

    Xx Barbora
    Abitconfusing.blogspot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-- it means a lot! *All comments are moderated