Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

In Which I Talk About My Book

My California trip is drawing to a close... it makes me so sad :( Tomorrow I'll be on the airplane back and the day after I'll be shopping for school supplies, kind of last-minute but not really.

On the bright side, I am over 14,000 words into my book, yay!!! 

About my book, I'm not going to tell you much. I want it to be a surprise. But I will tell you the last sentence I wrote, at the end of the sixth chapter.

"Flesh-eating birds," said Dahlia simply, and left it at that.

It's not as bad as it sounds-- and not nearly as violent. But I think it's a pretty good cliff-hanger ending to a chapter, don't you? 

Today I'm going to the beach. I love the beach so much. The California beaches are usually cooler than the rest of the state, as opposed to Costa Rica where they're hotter and much more humid. Anyway, it's really nice; yesterday we celebrated the descent of the temperature from 102 degrees Fahrenheit to 100 degrees Fahrenheit... that would be about 39 degrees Celsius to about 38, if you are not American and therefore don't use weird terms of measurement. 

I'll keep you updated on my book: And I will tell you when it's published! (It probably won't be published, but I have high hopes!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting-- it means a lot! *All comments are moderated